Friday, March 18, 2011

2000 tundra sr5 4wd problems need advice



I have a 4.7 tundra wouldn't start the other day ended up changing spark plugs and fired right up but was missing on cylinder 4. Noticed bad seal on the coil replaced and fixed the miss. It showed codes for o2 sensors pedal position sensor and magnetic clutch also. My issue now(which it's been doing for a while) is I can hit the gas and at only 3000 Rpm it sounds as if it's redlining. Another thing it's doing is I have to let off the gas or it will not shift up. I'm not sure if this problem is related to one of the codes or the tranny. Any suggestions or someone that's had the same problem before have any suggestions?

Reply 1 : 2000 tundra sr5 4wd problems need advice



So to update the noise I was hearing and calling sounding like it was redlining was kind of a whining noise. Could this have been from my fan clutch getting ready to go out? Because the noise has magically vanished but now it's a rattling or tapping noise and I think it's from the fan?

Reply 2 : 2000 tundra sr5 4wd problems need advice



Just in case anyone else experiences this problem and happens to read this the problem was my fan clutch going out putting extra load on the engine and strain on the shifting it's being shipped to me now but don't neglect the issue because I may end up rebuilding or replacing the transmission because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment