Monday, March 21, 2011

Need help! Avoid Wietzes Toyota



I have been battling with Wietzes Toyota (in Toronto) on an insurance repair that they did on my car. Short story is that they didn't contact me when the car was actually done and they waited until the insurance company paid them before releasing the car to me. Now, I am paying for the portion of the rental car. I have persuaded the insurance company to foot more of the bill, but they have never heard of any garage hold a car until they got paid by the insurance company: they have always released the car after the customer pays the deductible and then get the money from the insurance company afterward. This is also my experience from the few times I have used insurance for repairs at other garages. As such, they refuse to cover the whole rental car as what Wietzes did is not common practice.



I have tried to contact the dealership regarding this and have experienced the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED:



  • They never call me back regarding the matter, even though they have promised to. Their only response was a curt email, stating that they are not responsible.

  • I asked them to give me their policy on insurance repairs and they refused to provide it, stating it is not their responsibility to do so.

  • I have tried to reach the general manager and they haven't called back either.

  • I have called Toyota Canada, filed a case number and they suggested that I go to the dealership and have a conference call with the insurance company. I suggested that to them and they flat out refused, stating that it is completely my responsibility to talk to them.





I was told by my friend who used to work in automotive that there is typically a department within HQ that makes sure that dealerships are making sure they are providing a satisfactory experience and upholding the Toyota brand. Does anybody know who this person is or has any contacts within Toyota Canada? I would appreciate any help in this matter (PM would be best).

No comments:

Post a Comment