Saturday, March 19, 2011

Wobble in Front



About 2 months ago I replaced the half shaft on the passenger front side to replace a broken boot. At that time (I think) we noticed a wobble in the front at about 60 mph. We went and had it aligned thinking that would help and/or the technician would detect something with too much play. After the alignment it seems the wobble has gotten worse, and kind of feels like someone is 'jiggling'/pulling the steering wheel. Any ideas what this would be?



Also I followed the factory service manuals advice about using a spring scale to determine the torque on the hub nut. No one knew what I was talking about and looked at me like I was nuts. Is there a torque spec I could use instead, as I fear that may be the issue.



Thank you for your time and help,

Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment