Saturday, March 26, 2011

Left Blinker on the blink



Hi & help... My Gen4 left hand blinker does not work..

The blinker unit 'clicks' fast...

The emergency flasher all work, so the bulbs are good

The 'blinker Unit' works fine when I try in my Gen3

Oh this is so confusing.. ??

There is no power going to the left blinker bulbs at all ??

Any ideas. maybe this is an 'issue' ??

Reply 1 : Left Blinker on the blink



Your Flashers work on all four corners but your Left turn wont light up?

Reply 2 : Left Blinker on the blink



A fast-clicking blinker unit usually means a bulb is burnt out, or not lighting up for other reasons - broken wire, corrosion, etc.



Question: with the left turn signal switch turned on, check the blinker lights - do they light up?... If so, do they look as bright as they should be?

Reply 3 : Left Blinker on the blink



Thanks for help..

Yes all 4 blinkers flash with 'Hazard switch on, including dash indicator arrows.



Also I checked each left blinker bulb out of the car, and they light up,

So bulbs are fine..



No the Dash indicator left arrow does not light up..



The Blinker Unit works fine in another Car (Gen3)

so unit 'seems' fine..



** I did notice before it failed completely, that it worked a few times just fine.. Hmm



I seems to me, that the info is leaving the 'Blinker Unit'...

but not being relayed to the bulbs...



The Hazrds must have a different path..



OMG all that wiring to chase thru... I hope not.



Any othe logics appreciated... I like electrics, but this is beyond me.

and soo unsafe.



Otherwise I luv this car, but the (5 speed) seems a bit 'snatchy' off throttle at low speeds, and fifth gear has started to 'jump out'..

No comments:

Post a Comment