Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Central America Scions?



I may get a job in Honduras. I have the opportunity to ship my xB there as part of a relocation package. Should I do that, or sell the car and buy something there? Questions:



Were xB's ever sold in Central America or Honduras specifically?

Getting parts for an imported car in Honduras will be a headache. I read that the xB shares parts with the Echo and the Yaris. What parts? Engine? Suspension?

Were those cars sold in Honduras? Any other part exchanges?



I know this post is off the wall, but I need to start somewhere and I appreciate any help!



I'm not ready to sell the B, it's got 92k miles and I expect a lot more trouble free miles out of it. But waiting for parts to arrive from some other country, plus the duty and the 12% sales tax on imported parts, AND finding someone to fix can be a real nuisance.

No comments:

Post a Comment