Friday, March 25, 2011

Road Block: The Multipurpose Toy








Reply 1 : Road Block: The Multipurpose Toy



Bout time you start a project thread

Reply 2 : Road Block: The Multipurpose Toy



sick man. congrats. im happy for you and jealous at the same time.

Reply 3 : Road Block: The Multipurpose Toy



So, just to get people up to speed, here is what I've started with about 9 months ago:





Here is how she stands today:





Here is a current list of every little thing I've done so far:



# Installed a 2" body lift.

# Leveled her with a 2" add-a-leaf.

# Installed new Pro-Comp 9000 shocks front/rear.

# New clear lens corner lights.

# Cut out stock accessory electrical circuit. Rewired accessory circuit to bypass the ignition switch and operate on a switch in the cab.

# Mounted and balanced 33"x11.5" BFGoodrich All-Terrain TAKO tires on 16"x10" Cragar Soft 8 steel rims.

# Installed 1.25" wheel spacers.

# Welded/painted new Addicted Offroad front bumper.

# New Marlin Crawler rear bumper.

# Painted the frame.

# Optima Yellowtop Deep-Cycle battery.

# Black Altezza taillights.

# New Grant Challenger Matte Black steering wheel.

# Installed an SR5 instrument cluster.

# Cut off stock exhaust system and separated the catalytic converter and muffler from the exhaust pipe, then welded the exhaust pipe back onto the headers. (muffler and catalytic converter were plugged.

# Got a ticket for no muffler

# Cut off straight pipe and rewelded with stock muffler

# Removed the ladder rack/canopy.

# Bought used bucket seats and welded on new brackets to fit into the truck.

# Cut up and hammered front wheel wells.

# Rewired new stereo with ~15ft. of speaker wire to allow for portable speakers.

# Custom snorkel

# Regeared front and rear differentials with 5.29's and installed a spool in the rear.

# Mounted Hi-Lift on rear bumper



Here is everything I plan to do at some point:

# 5vze 3.4l v6 swap

# Full in-cab, engine, frame, and bed cage.

# 35" BFG Mud terrains

# Dual t-cases

# Warn M8000/Tabor 12k winch w/ receiver mount

# Rock sliders (leave me alone! I'll get 'em some day! )

# VHF Radio

# CB Radio

# New bucket seats with 4 point harness when wheeling (stock seatbelts when DDing)

# Total Chaos Gen. 2 "Caddy" kit

# Chevy 63" leaves

# Custom dash w/ a shitton of gauges

# OBA system and air horn (I'll install it some day!)

# Shit ton of driving lights

# Currie 9in front and rear axles

# ARB Air lockers front and rear.

# Etc.





I just want to say I love you guys and wouldn't be able to have gotten this far without your help

Reply 4 : Road Block: The Multipurpose Toy



bad ass brotha. cant wait til i can do a build thread...how you gonna match the rear til the currie?

Reply 5 : Road Block: The Multipurpose Toy



I'm just gonna roll with the 1.25" wheel spacers for awhile. Just get some good springs under her with a lot of travel and stick with that. The axles will probably be after I get the cage, engine, and seats/harness done. Safety first!

Reply 6 : Road Block: The Multipurpose Toy



i see. thats gonna be sick. congrats to you again for getting it under way. i cant imagine how pumped you must be. how long til the kit makes its way up to the far corners of the world?

Reply 7 : Road Block: The Multipurpose Toy



So when are these new parts getting installed?

Reply 8 : Road Block: The Multipurpose Toy



Probably about 2 weeks or so . They should be shipping up the King's too, all on the same pallet. I just gotta hurry the hell up with this damn Ford! I'm takin in one of the heads to be machined today.

Reply 9 : Road Block: The Multipurpose Toy



As soon as I get this bronco put together and out of their garage, she's going in to surgery

Reply 10 : Road Block: The Multipurpose Toy



oh my god.. now I really hate you



Just wait... till I get a 1uz

Reply 11 : Road Block: The Multipurpose Toy



And yet I'll still be runnin' ahead of you with half as many cylinders or else you're gonna be having to ride with me as we tow your rig back to the trailhead to phone a wrecker after your suspension snaps



Hurry up and get the dough to do it, though, man!! That'll be soooo f***in' sick. I wanna see! And I'll never forgive you for living in an area where they don't give a shit what you put in your rig . You better do a damn good writeup on it, too . I know I won't be able to use it, but what the hell, it's still awesome



Do you have an estimation on when you'll be able to get started?

Reply 12 : Road Block: The Multipurpose Toy



Next year I'd like to take the plunge and start looking for a donor car.

Or figure out the bell housing issue, I refuse to put an automatic in..

Reply 13 : Road Block: The Multipurpose Toy



I thought someone fabricated the bellhousings to mate with manual tranny's? Was it Suprarunner?

Reply 14 : Road Block: The Multipurpose Toy



Got the light bar installed yesterday. It fits perfectly but, man is it thin . I'm gonna keep it and try to use it as a base point to weld my in-cab cage and bed cage. I think I'll use it as a break off point for the rear of the truck in the event of a really severe high speed rollover. But, for the time being, I'm just going to use it to mount a shit load of equipment



Delicious shitty cell pics :
















No comments:

Post a Comment