Thursday, March 17, 2011

Just tried some Trans-X or TransX and all I can say is wow !



I did a whole bunch of fill and drains until I got my fluid actually looking red. Then I decided to do a filter and gasket change out. When I dropped the pan, there was no metal at all on the three magnets but there was a lot of what appeared to be mud/sludge. I cleaned that off and then wiped down the pan real good. Then put the pan back on. I shoulda tried looking over the solenoids and the pressure valve but I didn't really know what to look for and was in a lazy mood. The thing about it is that the tranny had problems slipping at times even with the proper fluid amount in it. So I started reading up about TransX and saw that there was a lot of good word about it so I decided to give it a try. I went down to Walmart and picked a 15oz can for 6 bucks or so and put some in. I didn't even bother draining the fluid but I was around midway betwen the two hot notches which appeared to be my sweet spot. So instead of draining I ran it for a few minutes and it appeared that my shifting was better. Now, keep in mind that auto fluid rises a lot depending on how hot you get the car and how hard you drive the tranny so the fluid started low. I "immediately" felt that my shifting was better, however it wasn't ridiculously great at first. So I killed the car and started it up the next day(today). I drove it around today and I can totally tell a difference. I checked the fluid after only 15 minutes and the fluid was below the hot mark. When I got it nice and hot I checked it again and could tell by the way it was running, 'though I couldn't get the clutches to slip at all, I checked the fluid and sure enough it had risen a fair amount above the top hot mark/notch so I draining some fluid and got it back to just below the top full mark and it is amazing how great my shifts are. I now use the ECT button as it appears it makes the shifting even better 'though I couldn't really tell the difference when using the ECT before.



This TransX stuff isn't a joke. It is designed to swell your tranny seals so that they don't leak anymore and that will cause less slippage and it also has good additives that work on freeing up sticky valves. Atleast that's what I've read and I can tell you it works. The key I think is to have perfectly clean red fluid and then use this stuff.



I think if you have over 100k miles on your tranny you should really think about using this stuff. It your tranny works brand new then this stuff probably won't make a difference and it's probably not worth trying to fix something that isn't broke, but if you got some wear this stuff can probably help.

No comments:

Post a Comment