Friday, March 25, 2011

95' Camry Ignition cylinder stuck



So, I've got a 1995 Camry XLE (4cyl auto) with a problem. The key wouldn't go all the way in my ignition, had it towed home. Now it goes all the way in but you can't turn the ignition out of the 'LOCKED' position. In order to remove the lock cylinder, I need to have it turned to the 'ACC' position. What the hell can I do? I've actually pulled the ignition switch off the back of the lock cylinder, so now I can start the car, problem being, the steering wheel is still locked. I have no idea what to do. I could drive it if the wheel lock was off and I could change the ignition cylinder if I could turn the key. Any ideas?

Reply 1 : 95' Camry Ignition cylinder stuck



sounds like a problem with either the key interlock solenoid or the shift lock solenoid, or even the shift lock ECU. proper diagnostics can be found in the transmission section of the factory service manual if you have access.

Reply 2 : 95' Camry Ignition cylinder stuck



"drill retaining pin on the Ignition Cylinder". Had to find that out myself, thanks guys! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment