Friday, March 25, 2011

'86 22R 'Cold start' injector..'sender'



Hi, on my '86 22re pu, there are 2 senders on the water jacket. One is for 'cold start injector', and the other one, (bigger wrench size), I asume goes to 'computer'. The CS injector, after checking through manual 'tests' , shows nothing, so I assume..'dead'! I have a new one on order, but..if it is bad, it should not 'heat' up..so therefore there will always be a 'cold' signal sent, but then, should not the CSI, always be running? And if it is, Can I listen 'somewhere' in the system for a 'sound' that it is? CSI, does not 'help' the start up system, because when I start motor, it takes 5 or 6 cranks, and then has to be "throttle blipped', to keep motor up to 'work' loads. Other '(bigger wrench size) FI 'sender', checks out ..good! Looking for help to 'wrap' my head around this, and find a fix! "readings" on CSI, at injector, are as manual says!

Thanks

Syd


Reply 1 : '86 22R 'Cold start' injector..'sender'



One coolant temp sender is for the EFI, the other is for the gauge.

The CSI is controlled by the CSI timer, it does not run continuously.

No comments:

Post a Comment