Tuesday, March 22, 2011

'10 cuts out at 60mph 3rd gear



A few months ago I was coming back from Denver to Utah on I-70 heading up to Eisenhower tunnel, and then over Vail pass, on both uphills, at about 60mph, I think I was in 3rd gear, the Matrix just cut out, engine died, I had to pull over to the side of the road.



I would put it in gear, turn the key off , then on, pump the pedal, before coming to a stop, all the normal procedures to get a car started from a push and nothing worked. I had three opportunities to try and get it restarted while coming to a stop, and it was just dead. The temp gauge didn't show anything unusual.



After about 3-5 minutes it started up again in all three cases, and drove just fine. I have put another 2000 miles on it and it never happened again.I never drove up a 5-6% grade at 60 in 3rd gear either.



Is this normal?

Reply 1 : '10 cuts out at 60mph 3rd gear



How many RPM's were you turning when you were doing 60mph in 3rd?

No comments:

Post a Comment