Friday, March 18, 2011

Going From a Honda Hybrid to 2011 LE- How is your MPG??



I knew upgrading to a large vehicle my gas milage would drop drastically. I am a brand new owner of an LE white Sienna as of yesterday. I am use to getting 40-50mpg



I drive during the week stop and go for only about 7 miles. Weekend I tend to drive around and use the interstates.



What has been your MPG??

Reply 1 : Going From a Honda Hybrid to 2011 LE- How is your MPG??



21.8 on my SE. not great, but not bad for a vehicle this heavy. plus i live in cali so traffic is a given. lol

Reply 2 : Going From a Honda Hybrid to 2011 LE- How is your MPG??



ouchie are you mostly city? I only took the plunge because I do not drive a far distance during the week

Reply 3 : Going From a Honda Hybrid to 2011 LE- How is your MPG??



both... the sienna replaced an SUV so gas mileage actually improved for me.

Reply 4 : Going From a Honda Hybrid to 2011 LE- How is your MPG??



nice Rob.... this is all new to me, but the comfort is wonderful!

Reply 5 : Going From a Honda Hybrid to 2011 LE- How is your MPG??




Quote:








Originally Posted by ACS Rob
View Post

21.8 on my SE. not great, but not bad for a vehicle this heavy. plus i live in cali so traffic is a given. lol



for what it is worth, i am averaging 17-18 on my SE, mostly NYC traffic, and i am heavy on the pedal when there is a chance.

Reply 6 : Going From a Honda Hybrid to 2011 LE- How is your MPG??



In-town we're getting mid-15s with our XLE AWD (ugh). On the highway it's closer to 20.

Reply 7 : Going From a Honda Hybrid to 2011 LE- How is your MPG??



LE V6 2wd: 20-22 in town, 22-25 highway.

Reply 8 : Going From a Honda Hybrid to 2011 LE- How is your MPG??



LE V6: curr odo 3900 : 12 - 14 city (very small trips 3 - 5 miles one way) : recent trip hghwy trip MD to NC to MD (with posted spd limits), 410 miles one way avg mileage on info disp was 21.6

Reply 9 : Going From a Honda Hybrid to 2011 LE- How is your MPG??



Our 2006 XLE FWD would consistently get 21-22 MPG in combined driving. The 2011 XLE AWD is getting 19 MPG highway but I don't have a reading on city driving yet. The new Sienna is much heavier and I assume has a larger displacement engine than the 2006 and the AWD sucks up more fuel. Oh well.



---followup--- The onboard computer is stating overall mileage around town is 18.9 MPG. But I do live in a rural area and the speed limit on most roads are 45-55 MPH so the tranny spends a lot of time in OD

Reply 10 : Going From a Honda Hybrid to 2011 LE- How is your MPG??



what the 21?! ... my first 6000 miles clocked an avg of 13.9 or 14 mpg... limited awd. in NYC. mainly queens.

Reply 11 : Going From a Honda Hybrid to 2011 LE- How is your MPG??



21 mpg??? Same here. Queens too. 2011 LE AWD. I'm currently seeing 10-12 mpg between fillups. Hopefully the engine will get broken in from more use!

Reply 12 : Going From a Honda Hybrid to 2011 LE- How is your MPG??



Expect to get poorer gas mileage

1) During the first 1000-1500 miles

2) During the winter

3) In heavy traffic

4) With AWD vehicles.



That being said...if it makes you guys feel better my 2011 Camry 4 cyl. is averaging 22 mpg.

Reply 13 : Going From a Honda Hybrid to 2011 LE- How is your MPG??




Quote:








Originally Posted by arabianobsession
View Post

Expect to get poorer gas mileage

1) During the first 1000-1500 miles

2) During the winter

3) In heavy traffic

4) With AWD vehicles.



That being said...if it makes you guys feel better my 2011 Camry 4 cyl. is averaging 22 mpg.



1) I kinda figured that would be the case.

2) See above.

3) See #1.

4) See #3.



And no it doesn't make me feel any better you're getting 22mpg!

Reply 14 : Going From a Honda Hybrid to 2011 LE- How is your MPG??




Quote:








Originally Posted by Terl
View Post

what the 21?! ... my first 6000 miles clocked an avg of 13.9 or 14 mpg... limited awd. in NYC. mainly queens.




Quote:








Originally Posted by Biggoldfish
View Post

21 mpg??? Same here. Queens too. 2011 LE AWD. I'm currently seeing 10-12 mpg between fillups. Hopefully the engine will get broken in from more use!



I don't know, man. Maybe us Queens residents got lemons. LOL. I see one is Limited AWD, another LE AWD... I have XLE AWD and I'm on the same boat as you guys.



I'm in Flushing and I drive highway (to NJ) every night. So even with city and highway combined, my MPG still sucks. The needle literally goes from 1/2 to near-1/4 by the time I've driven 30 or so miles. That's about 10-11 mpg.

No comments:

Post a Comment