Tuesday, March 22, 2011

22r to 20r ?s



So I need to do a lot of work on my 84 that I just acquired because the previous owner didn't take care of it. But it still got to 240,000 miles with him and now I have to tear into it.



The 20r was acquired for free and was running great when I pulled it out of the totaled truck (for free with a five speed trans) so I decided to just drop it in and see if I liked the five speed better while I build my 22r.



So the question is: will the 20r just drop in with the current oil pan and clear the little cross member for the front end? I looked at both motors beside each other today after getting the 22r out and the oil pan on the 22r is shallower in the middle area by about ~.5-.75".



Thanks for help, this forum made pulling the 22r much easier.



20r:





22r:


No comments:

Post a Comment