Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I have a question ...



So reading through some threads and most recently the guy who had the hit and run, and there seems to be a lot of hate towards the 2011 corolla... Why?



Thanks Rich..

Reply 1 : I have a question ...



Compared to the 2010 it looks less aggressive and looks a lot like a cheap Mazda 6 knockoff, it has chrome trim on it, the taillights look cheap, the XRS is gone, etc. Mostly no one likes the cosmetic changes they made. It doesn't stand out from the crowd anymore.



That is just my personal opinion, it looks like they sucked the soul out of it.

Reply 2 : I have a question ...



there is still a 2011 xrs....



and all the features you mentioned i like, lol



i realize everyone has their own tastes so its all good just wondered why lots here dont like em... i love it, so ya wont hurt my feelings.lol

Reply 3 : I have a question ...



well theres no more XRS is the US. probably cause its so slow it doesnt deserve an XRS title when compared to the Si :[





EDIT: heck yeah i definitely like the rear bumpers of the 2011's!

Reply 4 : I have a question ...



I like the 2011s, I'd just prefer the styling of the 2009-2010 models vs. the 2011. I like the rear bumpers better and the sleeker shape of the tail lights, but not the way they look. I'd color match the chrome trim on the trunk and paint the grille black. The new radio is nice and as well as the seat covers.



Its pretty nice, its just that there'd be more things I would change.



I do like the new Nautical Blue Metallic better compared to the Blue Streak Metallic.



Overall I'm glad that I have my 2009 Xrs



Oh and to the Forum!

Reply 5 : I have a question ...



i think people just need to get used to it.



and for those people who are hating, i think its because of the way some people are with the mind set of "mine is better than yours". they are constantly trying to find flaws to make their own look better.

i'm not saying everyone is like that, just some people



im not going to lie, i do that

but the 2011 corolla is growing on me




Quote:








Originally Posted by Dimaoala
View Post

I do like the new Nautical Blue Metallic better compared to the Blue Streak Metallic.



ouch

Reply 6 : I have a question ...




Quote:








Originally Posted by ekimnal
View Post

i think people just need to get used to it.



and for those people who are hating, i think its because of the way some people are with the mind set of "mine is better than yours". they are constantly trying to find flaws to make their own look better.

i'm not saying everyone is like that, just some people



im not going to lie, i do that

but the 2011 corolla is growing on me







ouch



my fiancee actually said thats probably what it is,lol

Reply 7 : I have a question ...



Over time, a lot of styling you initially didn't like grows on you. The same thing happens with every car, an update comes out and people who have the older one are used to the way it looks and like it better, new people might like one or the other, and then there are the people who want to get this or that from the new model and put it in theirs.



It is not Corolla specific, I see it happen on every forum for every car. People have differing tastes, it's just how it is.



That being said, I do prefer the 2009-2010 styling for sure.



Jeff

Reply 8 : I have a question ...



i prefer the 2009-10 styling better, but that being said the 2011 has grown on me. im not a fan of chrome in general so anything chrome on it would have to go for me. We need to see more dropped 2011s on wheels to get a better idea of how they can look. the potential is there i just cant wait to see some

Reply 9 : I have a question ...



i dont really like the "stock form" of the 2011. the grill is weird and the taillights seem strange. I would like to see the potential mods that can be done like everyone else.

Reply 10 : I have a question ...



^^ just wait for torres to buy it and hellaflush the 2011 since he seems to have everything you need to do so. haha

Reply 11 : I have a question ...




Quote:








Originally Posted by ekimnal
View Post




Quote:








Originally Posted by Dimaoala
View Post



I do like the new Nautical Blue Metallic better compared to the Blue Streak Metallic.



ouch



Ah not hate man



I like both, I'd just prefer the NBM over BSM.

Reply 12 : I have a question ...



there's always going to be hatred. the 9th gen A owners hated the facelift



the 9th gen owners hated on the 10th gens



the 10th gen A owners hated on the facelift



and once the 11th gen comes out im sure there's gonna be hatred there unless the 11th gen comes out looking like a new supra or something.

Reply 13 : I have a question ...



Only thing i really dont like on the 2011 corollas is the grille and the chrome on the trunk and tailights. however on the darker 2011 models i dont mind the grille as much because it doesnt stand out as much as the white ones for example. IMO i think the Nautical Blue is a really nice color and i like that color the best for 2011. the chrome on the trunk isnt that bad, i could probably live with it, or just have it color matched. the tailights however are not my favorite thing, but it can easily be replaced by aftermarket lights. The rims on the S model however, i like a lot.



overall, after seeing more of them on the road, the 2011 has really grown on me as it did for everyone else.

Reply 14 : I have a question ...



...its all about 1st gen....



/thread haha

No comments:

Post a Comment